Monday, July 18, 2011

Google For Advertisers: Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks


       I have never heard of Google For Advertisers before so I was very interested in this weeks assignment. The first aspect I explored was Insights For Search. By using this tool you can track and compare search terms to see when people are searching those specific words and where they are located, worldwide and local. This can be a useful tool for personally and for your businesses. I performed two searches one for myself, advertising jobs vs. marketing jobs, and one for my internship. I narrowed my search by region and then by city, then I was provided with a scale of traffic volume for the two search terms. On the side of the scale there was a list of articles that were recently in the news about the search. Which lead me to this article (good news for NMDL students), Help wanted: Looking for a few good social media pros.

Another interesting tool on the Insights tab is the Google Alerts and Google Blog Search. I think these tools are extremely important to succeed in digital marketing for your company/brand. Here you can keep an eye on your competitors; track news stories and keep tabs on your brand. It is important to know what is being said about your brand good and bad. Google Blog Search is also a useful tool to hear and know what your competitors are saying about your company or brand as well as the "little people".

These are just a few things that I have come across while exploring Google For Advertisers. If you haven't explored this tool yourself I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment